This recipe, available on Liquor.com, is for the famous American Christmas drink, Eggnog. Made with or without alcohol, it is normally consumed between Thanksgiving and Christmas. The hot, creamy classic cocktail is an essential part of the holidays.
Make Eggnog a part of your celebrations, your guests will love the smooth taste and delicious aroma.
6 Eggs, separated
¾ cup of Sugar
1 litre Full Cream Milk
500ml Double Cream
200ml Jack Daniels (or Bourbon of your choice)
100ml Captain Morgan Spiced Gold (or Spiced rum of your choice)
1tsp ground nutmeg (or to taste)
1tsp Good quality Vanilla Extract
Punch glass or teacup
• Large bowl
1. In a large bowl, beat together the egg yolks and half a cup of sugar until they turn light in colour.
2. Stir in the milk, double cream, (add bourbon and rum if using)
3. Continue mixing until the sugar has completely dissolved. Sprinkle in the nutmeg and pour in the vanilla, mix until well incorporated. Taste and adjust nutmeg if desired.
4. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with the remaining quarter-cup of sugar until they form soft peaks.
5. Fold about a third of the egg whites into the yolk mixture.
6. Serve in punch or teacups topped with freshly grated nutmeg, folding in more of the egg whites as desired.