“When insurance is acquired with clear understanding of the conditions under which the promise will be fulfilled, there’s comfort. When clients know they have a policy that protects them, and that their assets are safe from harm, there’s relief. And when this policy is purchased for a fair fee, explained clearly and structured in consultation, comfort and relief are accompanied by peace of mind.” – Insurance Zone
It’s no secret that business makes our hearts beat faster; that commerce gets our juices flowing. That’s why our central area of focus is commercial business – from SMMEs to large corporates – where we offer engineering and building products; agriculture, marine and wildlife cover; and cover for hospitality and allied industries.
We believe there’s more to insurance than providing adequate cover; more to business than a quick buck. Insurance Zone combines the old-fashioned classical values of Professionalism, Reliability, Integrity, Dignity and Enthusiasm (PRIDE), with the most modern technology and support available. What’s more, we’re one of Hollard’s largest Broker Market partners and Hollard is a corporate shareholder.
Our short-term business insurance products are listed below.
- Insurance Zone Agriculture
- Insurance Zone Building
- Insurance Zone Business
- Insurance Zone Engineering
- Insurance Zone Marine
- Insurance Zone Motor Fleets
- Insurance Zone Specialist Cover
1. Insurance Zone Agriculture
This product aims to comprehensively meet the specific insurance needs of those involved in agricultural or farming enterprises.
Key areas of cover:
- Residential dwellings
- Personal contents
- Farm buildings
- Machinery & equipment
- Agricultural liability (including spread of fire)
- Pumps & electrical motors
- Irrigation pipes & pumping equipment
- Property in the open
- Spray irrigation systems (on wheels & centre pivots)
- Paddock & boundary fencing
- Damage to water tanks & water apparatus
- Produce & livestock in transit
- Animals (strays & escaped livestock)
- Farm vehicles
In addition to these risks, cover is also available for the following, with unique underwriting options for certain specified liabilities*:
- Wine farms (co-operatives & estates)
- Fruit and raisin producers
- Poultry producers*
- Packaging and cooling plants
- Growing plant material & trellised structures
- Plastic tunnels
- Shade cloths
- Product guarantee
- Product recall
- Product liability (including USA & Canada)
2. Insurance Zone Building
Designed with Sectional Titles and Home Owner Associations in mind, this product offers full cover for buildings and associated liability exposure.
It aims to meet the insurance needs of sectional title properties, residential complexes and commercial complexes (non-manufacturing), including geyser maintenance*.
Included in every Building policy:
|Free Cover||To (R) Maximum Of:|
|Trustees' liability||R 1 000 000|
|Employers’ liability||R 1 000 000|
|Claims preparation costs||R 500 000|
|Legal defence costs||R 500 000|
|Accidental damage||R 200 000|
|Malicious damage||R 200 000|
|Office contents||R 100 000|
|Theft of fixtures & fittings||R 100 000|
|Machinery breakdown||R 50 000|
|Fidelity||R 50 000|
|Glass||R 50 000|
|Cash||R 25 000|
|Gate motors (all risks)||R 5 000|
|Garden equipment (all risks)||R 5 000|
|Geyser maintenance||R 1 000|
* A 24-hour Geyser Call Centre is available for repair and replacement claims.
3. Insurance Zone Business
Key areas of cover:
|Property||Buildings (offices, plants, warehouses); contents; stock; plant & machinery; and business interruption|
|Motor||Individual vehicles or fleets. Includes: comprehensive; third party fire & theft; balance of third party options|
|Liabilities||Broad form available|
|Goods in transit||Loss or damage in transit by rail, road, air or post|
|Electronic equipment||Desktops, laptops, printers, software (leased or owned); no forcible entry restriction for laptops)|
|Fidelity||Theft, loss or fraud by employees|
|Accident/health||Group personal accident and stated benefits|
Included in every Business policy:
- Damage to buildings (as a consequence of theft)
- Claims preparation costs
- Power surge cover (available under Fire, on request)
- Geyser cover* (under combined sections of Fire & Building)
- Accidental building damage (under Building Combined)
- Business interruption (additional increase in cost of working)
- Electronic equipment incompatibility and data reinstatement
- Theft of safes and other secure valuables storage containers
- Legal defence and wrongful arrest costs (under Public Liability)
4. Insurance Zone Engineering
This class of insurance provides specialised cover for areas specific to engineering and related disciplines, including manufacturing and medical.
Key areas of cover:
- Public liability
- Support risk
- All risks - plant
- Machinery breakdown
- Consequential loss
- Deterioration of stock - following machinery breakdown
- Electronic equipment
- Employers' liability
- Construction guarantees - performance, reputation & advance payment
- Loss of profits - following indemnifiable loss or damage
- Advanced loss of profits
- Medical practice equipment
5. Insurance Zone Marine
This class of insurance provides specialised cover for areas specific to marine and related disciplines.
Key areas of cover include hull insurance for loss or damage to ships, boats and other waterborne vessels, and loss or damage to goods while being conveyed by land, sea or air. The latter includes storage or handling while goods are en route from the country of origin to their final destination in South Africa.
6. Insurance Zone Motor Fleets
We offer various comprehensive covers for corporate motor fleets, including associated liability risks. Tailor-made solutions are available to incorporate aggregate excesses and deposit premium/burning cost options.
7. Insurance Zone Specialist Cover
Over and above our standard products, various specialist products are available.
Key areas of cover:
- Buildings – commercial & domestic
- Jewellers’ & associated risks
- Travel insurance
- Executive vehicle policies
- Professional indemnity
- Directors’ & officers’ liability
- Fidelity guarantee
Note: For full details on all our Commercial Products, please refer to the policy wording.
All products are underwritten by The Hollard Insurance Company Limited, an authorised Financial Services Provider.