Although we usually don’t dwell on things that can go wrong with the geyser, the reality is that something will, at some point. Here is what do when your geyser burst:
Contact the 24hr Orange Assist Emergency Helpline: 0861 467 966
Turn off the water supply
- The water shut-off valve is usually situated outside
Switch the geyser off
- The switch for the geyser is on your electrical distribution board.
Drain the geyser to reduce pressure
- Drain the geyser to reduce pressure and minimize water damage if possible.
- Be water wise and use buckets to collect the water to be used elsewhere.
Call for 24hr Home Assist – 0861 467 966
- If you have the Orange Assist App, press the emergency assist button to have the call center call you back and arrange for an approved repairer to be sent to your location to begin repairs on your geyser.
- You can also process your claim via the Insurance Zone Orange Assist App
Call your Broker
- If you don’t have the Orange Assist App yet, call your broker and they will arrange for an approved plumber to be appointed as soon as possible so repairs to your geyser can be done.
- Your broker will also send you the details to start your claims process.
Download the Orange Assist App for home assist at the touch of a button and to submit claims via the app.
Click here to download this article and send it you friends and family so they too will know what to do in case of a burst geyser.